Connect the PrinterOn Enterprise solution to a standalone SQL server - New Database (Remote SQL) - c06300105
Using the steps below will allow the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution to setup a connection to a remote Microsoft SQL Server.
- Have the Database administrator create a new database on the remote SQL Server Instance.
- Create a new Microsoft Windows or SQL Server user as the dbowner of the newly created/restored database
- Stop the Central Print Services (CPS) service (using the Configuration Manager or the Microsoft Windows service panel)
- Navigate to the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\PrinterOn Inc\Apache Tomcat\lib\
Open the cps-db.properties file and modify the JDBC URL of the database to point to the SQL Server.
- If the login account is a SQL Server account then remove the "integratedSecurity=true;" from the end of the connection string, and replace the login and password with the SQL Server credentials
- If the login account is a Windows account then make that Windows account the account that CPS service starts as.
- Start the Central Print Services (wait about 5 minutes)
- If the change was successful, then access to the Printers tab will be successful - showing 3 auto generated printers
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later.