Enabling PrintAnywhere to permit print jobs from a remote Central Print Service server - c06314489
If you have a PrinterOn Enterprise deployment in which the PrintAnywhere Server (PAS) and the Central Print Services (CPS) are on different (physical or virtual) servers, you need to modify Apache Tomcat to allow PrintAnywhere to accept requests from the CPS server using the steps below.
- Using the PrinterOn Configuration Manager, navigate to Home then Services
- Stop the Central Print Services windows service. (This step can also be completed from the Microsoft Windows Service panel)
- Naviage on the machine to the default directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\PrinterOn Corporation\Apache Tomcat\Conf
- Make a backup of the server.xml file (store the file in a different directory such as C:/Backup or on a different drive)
- Using a text editor open up the server.xml file
Locate the following section:
- Modify the value of the allow parameter to the IP address of the server hosting the Central Print Service - For example: allow="172\.16\.39\.52" OR allow="172.16.39.52"
- Save the changes to server.xml
- Start the Central Print Services/Apache Tomcat service.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later.
If multiple CPS or PAS servers exists in the environment, the allow parameter can be modified to accommodate the additional IPs with the pipe character (|) as the sperator.
For example: allow="127.0.0.1|172.16.39.52"