How to configure Ricoh Hotspot MFP from going into energy saving sleep mode. - c06298967
The HotSpot software can be configured to manage the device’s energy saver settings.
Click the Energy Saver tab within PDS-E application on MFP. enable check box, "Allow software to manage Energy Saver"
Behaviour is as follows:
When enabled, the HotSpot. Software will stop the device from entering deep sleep mode.
Press [Save] to save the settings.
The device must be restarted for the settings to take effect.
When deep sleep mode is disabled, the HotSpot application will behave as follows:
- The HotSpot application will check for job every 60 seconds.
- When a job is available, the Print Release Application will automatically download the job without user interaction and save it on the MFP.
- When the user enters their release code, the print job is available for immediate release.
When deep sleep mode is enabled, the HotSpot application will behave as follows:
- Print jobs will be stored on PrinterOn’s web services until the MFP exits the deep sleep mode.
- When the MFP exits deep sleep mode, the Print Release Application will download all available jobs.
- If a user enters a release code for a job not yet downloaded, the user will be informed the job is downloading.
- When the job has completed downloading the user may release their job.