How to move the IMCAS database to a standalone Microsoft SQL server - c06300297
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise Solution can move the IMCAS database to a new database location.
Take a backup of the current IMCAS database, this can be accomplished using a simple command as per below:
SQLCMD -S servername\databasename -E -Q "BACKUP DATABASE imcas TO
DISK='C:\IMCASDB\imcas.bak' WITH FORMAT"
Note: to get the complete formatting of the command please review the SQLCMD utility command here:
- SQLCMD -S servername\databasename -E -Q "BACKUP DATABASE imcas TO
- Have the Database Administrator restore the database (using the previous backup) into the new SQL Server Instance.
- Create a new Microsoft Windows or SQL Server user as the dbowner of the newly created/restored database
- Stop the Central Print Services
- Navigate to the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\PrinterOn Inc\Apache Tomcat\lib, modify the imcas-db.properties file to change the JDBC URL of the database to point to the SQL Server. ( see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378428%28v=sql.110%29.aspx)
- Start the Central Print Services.
- Login to the PrinterOn Configuration Manager and validate that access is available to the Users tab
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 4.x and later. Creating a new database means that the user information will be deleted, all user accounts and configurations for users will have to be recreated.