How to reset a user's PrinterOn.com password - c06400699
In some cases, a user cannot receive the automated email sent by PrinterOn when adding a customer to an ACL or giving them administrator rights. As a first time user, they are required to create a password for their account, but if they cannot receive the original email, or the "Forgot Password" emails, we will need to set a password for them manually.
This can be especially be seen when the email address used is not actually attached to a managed mailbox (like an nfr login for example).
To manually set a user's password for PrinterOn.com:
- Log into ADM Console with your PON Corporate credentials: http://admconsole.printeron.local:8080/prod/f?p=PROD:1::::::
- Navigate to the End Users tab
- Enter the email address of the user you want to reset
- Click the View icon next to the Email you want to modify
field and copy the URL
It will be something like this: http://www.printeron.net/AU?User=212712&KEY=4c227&ForgotPassword=yes
- Visit the URL in a browser and you'll be asked to Continue to create a new password
- Enter your new password and then enter it a second time to confirm.
- Click Update and you'll now be logged into PrinterOn.com with the user credentials you just reset.
- You can now share an updated password with the user for them to access their PrintSpot administration, or authenticate with a service which has an ACL enabled.
- The end user can then change their password once they are logged in by using the "Update your account preferences" shown on the Home page of PrinterOn.net once logged in.