How to set up a new Samsung printer for Allen & Overy - c06851366
The Allen & Overy mobile print project has been ongoing for several years. The original agreement was that PrinterOn would perform the printer registration and configuration of the virtual print queue.
When a new order comes in, we should contact Nicolas Vallot (email@example.com) to advise a new order has arrived and specify the location (should be in the case details). Nicolas will get us in touch with the on-site contact to complete the registration.
The below documents have been shared with the customer, and each location that orders a device as part of this mobile print project, should have the steps. Briefly:
- Hardware arrives on-site
- On-site installation of the printer takes place (network connection & firmware updates are customer responsibiilty )
- Once it's updated and connected to the internet, they provide us the serial number and MAC address
- We then register and modify the printer settings to fit the conventions defined in the below linked Printer Configuration Details
- After registration, we ask the on-site contact to reboot the printer and confirm with us once done
- At this point, we MUST set the PrintSpot hidden (registering a printer changes the status to Shown and A&O do not want their service in the directory)
- Once rebooted, confirm you see the printer timestamp in the Software tab of the PrintSpot
- Send a test print and provide the release code to the on-site contact
- Have them release and confirm they received your test print