Advanced Configuration of Tomcat in PrinterOn Server 3.0 - c06234554
Customizing the PrinterOn Enterprise solution web administration page allows the customer to ensure the web submission page is similar to the organization's branding based on colors, logos and layout.
Using the steps below will help to customize language being used on the web submission page of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution.
- The resource files are now located in a .jar file and therefore can be renamed to .zip to actually be able to modify the resource information.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\PrinterOn Corporation\Apache Tomcat\webapps\cps\WEB-INF\lib (the default location).
- Make a backup copy of the cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE.jar file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PrinterOn Corporation\Apache Tomcat\webapps\cps\WEB-INF\lib and save to the desktop or a temporary folder where you will make changes.
- Rename the file that was copied to the new location to cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE.jar.zip
- Double click the file, this allows navigation of the folder structure.
- Navigate to \cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE.jar.zip\com\printeron\cps\resources.
Locate the file you would like to modify and drag the file to the desktop or the temporary folder you are currently working with.
Open the file as you normally would with ‘Notepad’ or your favorite text editor, make the changes, save the file, then drag the file back into the zipped folder you currently have opened where you dragged the file from in the first place.
- Copy and replace the file over top of the file currently in the location.
- Close the zipped folder you currently have opened, then rename the cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE.jar.zip file back to cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE.jar (removed the .zip at the end).
- Stop the Apache Tomcat service or Central Print Services from the windows service panel.
- Copy the cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE.jar file with the changes back to : C:\Program Files (x86)\PrinterOn Corporation\Apache Tomcat\webapps\cps\WEB-INF\lib overwriting the file currently in that location.
- Start the Apache Tomcat service or Central Print Services then refresh your browser.
You might need to delete your browsers cache.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x.
When complete, make sure only one copy of cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE.jar exists in C:\Program Files (x86)\PrinterOn Corporation\Apache Tomcat\webapps\cps\WEB-INF\lib - even if it's named something else like cps-web-3.0.0-RELEASE-orig.jar, it may interfere with the changes you are looking to display on the web submission page.