Best practice while using Office365 for email printing - c06613603
Best practice for connecting to an Office365 mailbox:
- EWS should be used as the protocol
- In the Mailbox Username field, enter the mailbox full address, eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMTP not required, you can enter a "no-reply" address in the Response Address field and as long as that is a real mailbox, and give the managed mailbox "send-as" rights to the no-reply mailbox
Create DISTRIBUTION GROUPS, not Office365 groups. Microsoft will try to force you to create a 365 group but there is an option to create a new distribution list at the top of the window, use this option instead.
- Office365 groups can provide some security challenges and even have the public view them on the web for collaboration.
- The emails sent for processing are not removed (additional places for storage of old information), they remain in the local group and are copied to the mailbox.
- It also appears that aliases do not work. Even though the mail arrives with the accurate "to" header, the PrinterOn solution is processing the mail for the central mailbox; example - there is a mailbox called companypr1nt and it has an alias called company-12. Emails sent to company- 12, the reply is PTS10108 based on a printer called companypr1nt.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later.