Error: Your device administrator does not allow access to this printer - c06233661
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution can identify and resolve issues related to the error message: Error: Your device administrator does not allow access to this printer.
This error message is often identified in an environment where the Mobile Device Management (MDM) or Mobile Application Manager (MAM) software is enforcing a policy on the the PrinterOn mobile application. This enforcement is related to the 'Restrict Usage' policy. This policy confirms that the user cannot print to another printer from another service.
Review the PrinterOn Configuration Manager settings:
- While logged into the PrinterOn Configuration Manager, confirm the URL appearing below the Web print workflow page
- Confirm the URL that is appearing for the mobile print workflow
- Ensure the URL is https, and the URL should match what's in the MDM/MAM and also what has been configured on the PrinterOn mobile application
Review the MDM/MAM Configuration:
- Confirm the URL confirmed for the mobile application is the same as the URL configured in the PrinterOn Configuration Manager
- If the URL is incorrect, input the correct URL and re-push the configuration back to the mobile device again
Review the PrinterOn Mobile Application:
- Launch the PrinterOn mobile application
- Select the Settings menu, then select Service
- Confirm the URL matches the URL configured for the PrinterOn Configuration Manager and the URL configured on the MDM/MAM
- If the URL is incorrect, work with the MDM/MAM administrator to reconfigure the correct URL
Once the URL has been validated, then the user should be able to attempt sending the print request again with successfully response.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later. The URL must be exactly the same , if one service is configured with http, and the others are https the error message will appear. One service cannot be configured for DNS and the other configured for IP, even though connecting to the same service the values must be exactly the same .