Google Cloud print job sent from user A, however user B receives the print job - c06234677
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution can troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to user submitting a print job, however that print job appearing in the release queue for another user.
Confirm lookup with LDAP enabled:
- Login to the PrinterOn Configuration Manager
- Select the Authentication tab, then select the integration tab.
- Select the Edit option.
- Next enter the email address of the user that's submitting the print job, compare the username found and see if it matches the user submitting the print job.
- Try the same test multiple times and confirm the same username is returned.
- Enter the email address of the user who receives the print job and see if the correct username is received also.
Confirm LDAP settings:
- Navigate to the authentication tab with LDAP enabled.
- Select Edit on the profile that's defined.
Confirm that the E-Mail Address Wildcard Search option is not selected.
- If the option is selected, then un-check the option.
- Select Apply Settings to save the configuration.
- Navigate back to the Integration tab and complete the same steps from the Confirm lookup with LDAP enabled section.
- Attempt to submit another print request again and confirm the correct user gets the print request.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later. The E-Mail Address Wildcard Search option completes a blanket search of the LDAP directory searching for any field that has the information, rather than the exact match.