How can I remove a duplicate/uninstalled component from PONCONF? - c06594835
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution is able to clear unused, deleted or duplicate components from the PrinterOn Configuration Manager.
The PrinterOn solution includes a utility which will help to clear the components from the parent PrinterOn Configuration Manager, forcing all of the ligitimate components to re-register again.
- Navigate to the default directory: C:\Program Files (x 86)\ PrinterOn Corporation\ PrinterOn Server Install Manager\Tools\ PonConfClear
- Run the command "%PON_JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" -jar ponconf-clear.jar (run the command from the directory and also include the quotes)
- This will restart all the components, once the components have been restarted (the feedback will be available within the command prompt window)
Once the restarts are completed, login to the
configuration Manager and validate the components have been removed
- This process will reset the PrinterOn Configuration Manager password to the default.
- After running the script, be aware that the licenses deployment mode within the PrinterOn Enterprise solution may be switched to Hybrid, navigate to the Licensing tab and confirm it's correctly set for On-Premise , then initiate the synchronization request from the Printers tab.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later.