How to add a printer to the PrinterOn Enterprise solution version 2.5 - c06613511
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution can add PrinterOn printers that can then be mapped to physical on site printers for releasing print jobs.
- Login to the PrinterOn web administration portal
- Select the Printers icon, then select ' Add a printer to your Printspot '
- Complete the required information, such as print driver, the descriptive details and the PrinterOn Name
- Select the Optional settings tab to configure finishing options and authentication details
- Select the ' Save ' button to confirm the changes
- Next login to the Central Print Services admin page (http://127.0.0.1/cps/admin)
- Select the ' Printers ' tab
- Click the Synchronize with PrinterOn option
- The newly added printer should appear in the list after the synchronization completes
- Select Save to save the settings on the Central Print Services panel
- Launch the Print Delivery Station (typically found in the notification center )
- Select the ' Settings ' option
- Select the ' Import Settings ' tab
- Select ' Reimport Customization File '
- Once the reimport completes a message indicating that the customization file has imported successfully will appear, select ' Ok '
- The newly added printer should appear below the Printers tab
- Double click the newly added printer
- Select the appropriate protocol for the ' Local Name ', if connecting to the printer using the printers IP address select TCP
- Enter the IP address of the printer
- Select ' Ok ' to save the settings
- Select the printer name again, then select the ' Test Page ' option to send a basic print request to the printer
- Once the print job releases from the printer select ' Ok ' to save the settings
- Confirm that the ' Start ' option is enabled on the Print Delivery Station, then close the user interface
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 2.x and older.