How to configure Print Delivery Hub to utilize a signed/trusted certificate - c06612741
Print Delivery Hub (PDH) does not utilize SSL/TLS by default to receive print data. This can be updated to utilize a keystore which has had root and intermediate certificates imported into it.
- Log into the PrinterOn Configuration Manager
- Navigate to Advanced - Components - Print Delivery Hub
- Navigate to the PDH SSL tab
Generate a New Keystore by completing all the fields on this page. The details used here will be part of your certificate details.
The Command Name (CN) value must reflect the address which you wish to secure. This should be the IP or DNS name for the server which is hosting the PDH application. Choose IP or DNS based on how your PDH is being used. If users are submitting jobs via PrintWhere , jobs will be sent directly to the PDH and therefore this address must be routable from their network.
- Use this newly created keystore to generate a CSR
- Upload your CSR to your Certificate Authority (CA)
- Download your signed certificate in PKCS 7 format from the CA
- Import the signed certificate into your keystore
- Navigate to the PDH Networking tab and enable SSL next to the Default IPP Port
- Restart your PDH service for the new certificate to take effect
- Confirm the new certificate is being used by loading https://127.0.0.1:631 from a browser on the machine hosting Print Delivery Hub.
The expected response is an XML reply which contains " Unknown or missing fcsAPIfunc in request."
631 is the default port, if this has been changed, ensure your test connection reflects the correct port