How to disable the PrintWhere upgrade prompts to end users? - c06238157
PrinterOn recommends upgrading the PrintWhere application to ensure every user can make use of the latest software and security updates available in the latest software releases; the prompt can be disabled using a registry key based on the steps below.
Modifying the registry can cause detrimental damages to your system, proceed with caution and only if you are comfortable making these system changes.
- Open up the registry on the machine (select the start button and type 'regedit' in the search box).
- Right Click on Computer, then select ' Export '.
- Provide a name and take note of where you save the file (this is a backup of the entire system registry).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ PrinterOn Corporation\ PrintWhere x.x (where x.x is the current version).
- Right click on the empty space on the right and select ' new '.
- Select ' String Value '.
- For the String Value type “ IgnoreUpgradesUptoVersion ”.
- Set the Value Data to a newer version than the current version - such as 10.10.10.9999
At the time of this solution creation, we are currently on 220.127.116.115 so this would ignore upgrades almost indefinitely.
Applies to PrintWhere 6.0 and later.