How to enable Privacy Release (Secure Release) codes within the PrinterOn Enterprise solution? - c06617927
Using these steps the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution can enable Privacy Release Codes which will allow only the person(s) with the release code to be able to release the print jobs at the release station. Enabling Privacy Release Codes is accomplished on a printer by printer basis and when this is enabled it is enabled for all print print jobs going to this particular PrinterOn printer.
- Login to the PrinterOn Configuration Manager
- Select the 'Printers' tab
- Select the '+' next to the printer that will have the Privacy Release Codes feature enabled
- Select Configure
- Expand the 'Releasing Print Jobs' menu option
For Privacy Release Codes, change this option to 'Required'
- Optional (Default) - With this option the PrinterOn solution will still generate a release code, but this option is used with additional configurations and settings for the PrintWhere client and the 'release options' screen on the PrintWhere client.
- Required - The release code is always generated.
- Disabled - The release code is never generated.
- Select Apply Settings to commit the cha
- Submit a print request and confirm that the Privacy Release codes are now appearing on the selected printer through the submission method you have chosen.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later and PrinterOn Enterprise Managed Cloud. Privacy Release Codes cannot be provided when using Google Cloud Print, PQMS printing, Native iOS printing or IPP Printing submission methods.