How to increase the Java memory for the Central Print Services - c06637474
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution can increase the amount of memory being used by the Central Print Services. An administrator would look to make these changes if a large amount of printers are being used within the PrinterOn Enterprise solution (more than 3000 printers), or if the Central Print Services are trying to allocate more memory than allowed.
The default values in version 4.2.5 are Initial: 256 MB and Maximum: 1024 MB
- Stop the Central Print Service on the machine (this will impact production users' ability to send print requests through the solution)
- Navigate to this default directory: C:\Program Files (x 86)\ PrinterOn Corporation\Apache Tomcat\bin
- Double click the tomcat8w.exe file
- On the Java tab
- Change the Initial Memory pool and Maximum memory pool to 1300 (maximum is 1600, since Java being used is 32bit)
- Select 'Apply', then 'Ok' to save settings
- Restart the Central Print Services
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 2.5 and later. The amount of memory being specified in step #5 is only a suggestion since the overall system memory must be considered before making this change.