How to migrate the PrinterOn Enterprise solution to a private cloud - c06613597
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution can complete the process of migrating the solution to a private cloud such as Azure or Amazon.
Make a backup of the
Enterprise server configurations (this is a manual process, write down the information and/or save them in a configuration file).
- Make a backup of the Print Delivery Gateway properties file located here by default: C:\ProgramData\PrinterOn Corporation\ PONData \PDG\gateway (This step is not required if the Google Cloud Printing, PQMS Printing, Airprint or IPP printing is not used)
- Make a backup of the Print Delivery Station properties file located here by default: C:\ProgramData\PrinterOn Corporation\ PONData \PDS\client
- Make a backup of the PrinterOn Configuration Database( These steps ONLY apply when the SQL service is installed using the packaged version of the SQL Express).
- Prepare and configure a new machine in the private cloud that is comparable to the machine used to host the PrinterOn Enterprise solution.
Restore the database on a standalone SQL server (based on the previous backup)
Please see additional information in the 'Note' section below.
Enterprise solution (the same version that is installed on the
- Configure the solution to connect to the remote SQL database
- Configure and setup authentication (as per previously configured on the On Premise machine, keep in mind when using local LDAP, access from the cloud to the local LDAP service will be required)
- Confirm submitting print requests are successful as they were previously
- Re-apply any customizations, such as colors and logo changes
- Redirect users through the new PrinterOn Enterprise solution in the cloud and confirm that everything is working as expected
- Decommission the On Premise PrinterOn Enterprise server
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and 4.x. Restoring the database is only supported on a Microsoft SQL server 2014 or later standard edition.