How to upgrade the PrinterOn Enterprise Solution from version 3.x to 4.x - c06238671
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution is able to upgrade the solution to a newer release.
Upgrading from PrinterOn Enterprise from 3.x to PrinterOn Enterprise 4.x
Option 1: In-place Upgrade
Make a backup of the PrinterOn server configurations (this is a manual process, write down the information or save them in a configuration file). Or take a snapshot of the virtual machine hosting the PrinterOn Enterprise solution.
- Make a backup of the Print Delivery Gateway properties file located here by default: C:\ProgramData\PrinterOn Corporation\PONData\PDG\gateway
- Make a backup of the Print Delivery Station properties file located here by default: C:\ProgramData\PrinterOn Corporation\PONData\PDS\client (This step is not required if the Google Cloud Printing, PQMS Printing, Airprint or IPP printing is not used)
If your current release of 3.x is NOT 3.2.7
- Navigate to the PrinterOn.com web site then download 3.2.7 (If the software is not available; contact PrinterOn support who can provide you the updated link to the software)
- Run the installer to upgrade your currently release of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution to 3.2.7
- Restart the machine to complete the installation
- Download the latest release of the 4.x which is at this point of this Knowledge Base article 4.1.4
- Run the installer to begin the in-place upgrade
- Complete the installation then restart the machine
- Once the machine has been restarted, validate that the latest release of 4.x works as expected with sample print jobs through the web submission page
Option 2: New Installation
- Create a new Virtual machine to host the new PrinterOn Enterprise solution version 4.x
- Login to the PrinterOn.com web administration protol, then select 'Manage Licenses'
- Select 'Download' to download the latest release of the licenses file that will be used to install PrinterOn Enterprise 4.x
- Download PrinterOn Enterprise version 4.x from the PrinterOn.com website
- Complete all pre-requisit installations required before attempting to install the PrinterOn Enterprise solution
- Login to the machine as the service account that will be used to run the PrinterOn Enterprise solution services
- Run the installation file for version 4.x
- Select the newly downloaded licenses file, then complete the installation
- Restart the machine to commit the changes
- With version 4.x the PrinterOn configuration Manager link appears on the desktop after the reboot
- Launch the PrinterOn Configuration Manager
Login with the default values:
- username: root
- password: APISiteAuth (this value is included in the licenses file and in the [Site] section
- Once authenticated a new password will be requested ( 8 characters minimum, uppercase, lowercase, numbers and special characters required )
- The installation has now been completed successfully
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and 4.x.