How to utilize a CA signed certificate with the PrinterOn Configuration Manager? - c06231810
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution can enable and utilize a valid CA signed SSL certificate to secure the communication to the PrinterOn Configuration Manager
- Navigate to (by default): C:\ProgramData\PrinterOn Corporation\PONData\Launcher.
- Make a backup of the launcher.properties file (to a offline storage location)
- Using a text editor open the lancher.properties file
Modify the lines in the document as it pertains to SSL (see below):
ponconf.useSSL = true
ponconf.keystore = C:\\ProgramData\\PrinterOn Corporation\\KeyStore\\keystore
ponconf.keystorePass = secretpassword
- Save the changes after entering the correct details for the location of the keystore file and the keystore file password
- Restart the PON Configuration Manager Windows service to initiate the change.
- Navigate back to the PrinterOn Configuration Manager page which should now show utilizing the updated certificate
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later. The PrinterOn Configuration Manager is able to utilize the same SSL certificate used to access the CPS but the certificate must exist within a JAVA keystore file. Changing the port and context in the file are not applied to the installation, a re-installation will be required; therefore no other settings in this file should be modified.