PWC0000: Your request is being queued - c06244692
Using the steps below the administrator of the PrinterOn Enterprise solution is able to better identify what's happening with the print requests as they travel through the components.
Steps to troubleshoot:
If the message appears on the web submission page, the print job eventually fails to render.
Confirm the Service URI information.
- Open up the PrinterOn Configuration Manager.
- Select the Licensing tab.
Configure/Validate that the internal service URI has the correct value, which should be in this format: https://IP or DNS/cps/rest
If all the PrinterOn Enterprise components are on the same machine, this value can be the loop back address https://127.0.0.1/cps/rest
Verify the printer's Output location details.
- Open the PrinterOn Configuration Manager.
- Select the Printers menu.
- Select the '+' sign on the printer generating the error and select Configure.
Select the Output location and confirm the proper details have been defined for the Server Address along with the port similar to: https://IP / DSN:port (e.g. https://127.0.0.1:631).
If the PrinterOn Print Delivery Hub is being used, confirm the proper address and port has been defined there as well, and is also accessible (test the address using the web browser).
Verify the various PrinterOn components.
When in a clustered environment, confirm that each component within the cluster of PrinterOn Enterprise components can communicate to the other components that exist.
- If there are two (2) Central Print Services (CPS) machines, then confirm that CPS1 and CPS2 can accept and send print jobs individually - this might require stopping the components that are not being used and send the print jobs through the system.
- If there are tow (2) or more Print Anywhere Services (PAS) that exist, then confirm that each of the PAS machines are able to accept and process print jobs individually - this might require stopping the components that are not being used and send the print jobs through the system.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later.
PrinterOn recommends during the validation process, confirm from each machine hosting the PrinterOn Enterprise components that access exits to the Internal Service URI.