What happens when an On-Premise Enterprise NFR license reaches its Expiry date? - c06243089
When using an Not For Resale (NFR) license file to install PrinterOn Enterprise solution using the On-Premise Deployment mode, the solution becomes inactive at the time and date indicated in the license's "End" value.
To confirm your license is an NFR, review your license file for the "Category" value.
Actions after license's End date has passed:
- Solution is no longer available to use in any capacity.
- When logging into PrinterOn Configuration Manager you will be prompted for a new license.
- Windows Services (except the PON Configuration Manager service) are automatically Disabled from starting up.
- Even if an administrator manually starts the disabled PrinterOn services, they will be disabled again as soon as they are started.
To apply an updated license file after expiry:
- Log in to PrinterOn Configuration Manager.
- You will be prompted immediately to upload a new license.
- Browse to your license file with a valid End date.
- Click Yes if prompted.
- The license will apply and you'll be brought to the Home page of the PrinterOn Configuration Manager.
- It may take a few minutes for all services to start up, but they will all start automatically after applying the license.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 4.x and later.
PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later running in Hybrid mode will continue to be expired until the maintenance and support subscription has been renewed.