Why does the PrinterOn Enterprise solution require a local administrative user account to install and manage the solution? - c06243088
Local administrative permissions are required to complete the following tasks:
- Restart the Windows print spooler service.
- Install/remove a printer, printer driver and port monitor configuration.
- Set default printer configurations within the Microsoft Windows system.
- EnumPrinters - this function enumerates available printers, print servers, domains, or print providers.
- Get/Set printer configuration.
- Install and configure system folders related to the PrinterOn Enterprise solution.
Applies to PrinterOn Enterprise 3.x and later.
PrinterOn recommends a service account where the password does not expire, if the password expires a manual process must be completed to update each PrinterOn service with the correct password or the service will present failures.